DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Mark Rand wrote:
On 10 Aug 2005 23:11:47 -0700, "Charlie" wrote:

Thanks for the help. I tried it, but I am not strong enough to unscrew
the darn things.
I wonder if maybe somebody added some glue. I think I'll heat them up
and see what happens.

You _may_ be able to cut off the end that goes on the outside of the join and
then peel/unwind the remains off the joint. The outside par of the joint is
not important, it's the inside 'coned' end of the belt that you need to
retain.

Attempts to unscrew them will simply tighten the grip, unless
you do it right. To unscrew the outer one, you have to grip it very
near the end, so it will enlarge and loosen. If you grip it near the
point where the inner part ends, it will tighten as you attempt to
unscrew it.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564