Rumpty

It's cheaper to buy a new blade than sharpen one.

--

Rumpty

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:

In article et,

"BillyBob" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Tim,

In my days as a tool salesman I have sold 1000's
of the model 555 and maybe sold one or two blades? Have you had the
blade sharpened yet? The blades seem to last forever in most cases.

I'm not sure, but it seems like sharpening would reduce the diameter

and
therefore create a misfit for the biscuits. It might be academic, but a
biscuit joiner is one of the few tools I can think of where the

diameter of
the blade is important to the final fit.

Nope, not an issue at all IMO. First, there's plenty of slop in the fit
anyway, more than enough room to allow for reducing the diameter

slightly;.
Second, any reduction in diameter can be compensated for by increasing

the
depth of cut. You could grind *all* the carbide off the teeth without

reducing
the diameter enough to make any kind of differenc.

Plus, the grinding will be on the face of the tooth not the outside edge
which has minimal effect on the OD.