darkon

Richard wrote:

Sorry for the basic question, but I find I have a lot of trouble
laying out accurate curves when marking out cuts. For example,
right now I am making a small table for a theater set that will
have flat cutout cabriole legs cut from 1/2" plywood. When I am
marking the curves on the wood to be cut, I can't seem to get a
smooth single line. Any suggestions?

Yet another way: get a cheap metal yardstick or ruler, drill holes in
each end, loop string or wire through the holes, tie the ends together,
put a stick in the string, then twist the string to bow the yardstick.
Twist until you get the curvature you want. Of course, if you want it
TOO curved, you'll end up making a permanent kink in the
yardstick/ruler, but I'm sure you can find other springy materials to
make a bow from.