Steve Peterson

How do you know that? It sounds like there is a story here. C'mon, fess
up.

Steve

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Ignoramus3644 wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:04:49 GMT, Leon
wrote:

"Tana" wrote in message
u...
A friend gave me this recipe for home-made oil finish for rustic
furniture.

2 parts Linseed Oil
1 part Mineral Turpentine
1 part vinegar

Snip

I have heard that the production finish for rustic furniture is used
motor
oil and or diesel fuel.

diesel fuel is translucent. I have a diesel generator in a wooden
enclosure, and there is a "diesel fuel finish" on the bottom. It looks
waxy and translucent.

I myself wanted to use motor oil for wood finish (on some outdoor
pieces),
but never got to actually doing that...

Not real satisfactory for many reasons, the most significant of which is
the fact it will take "forever" to fully dry (if it ever does) and tends
to collect dirt.