DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again.

424) My guess is that this is a weight for a complex set of ropes
used as curtain pulls. Perhaps it is even bolted to the wall by
the two screw holes.

Hmm ... perhaps for multiple flag lines?

If it were not for the central pulley, I would think that it is
designed to slide along a rope, and be pulled back and forth by
another rope looped around pulleys at the ends, and attached to
the screw holes in the bottom corners.

425) It looks as though it can be used either to clamp something
between the two bars, or to separate them (as it is currently
configured.

Presumably a pin can be removed to shift the lever to the upper
set of curves for the clamping function.

426) Interesting hammer -- missing the wood handle.

My first guess was as a geologist's hammer, until I saw the claw
on the side.

Perhaps it is for disassembling crates?

427) No real guess on this one.

428) This one, however, is obviously a thermometer -- with both
Fahrenheit and Celsius scales.

429) I presume that there are also partitions between the cavities
exposed by twisting the head.

I think that this is for sampling something, grain perhaps, at
various depths in a pile. You close the ports, shove it it,
rotate it to open and allow in samples, rotate it again to
close, and withdraw.

There is probably a setup with equally-spaced containers to
receive all samples at the same time, prior to examination by
whatever means -- microscope, bare eyes, moisture tester,
whatever.

Now to see what others have guessed.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564