wanderer

Default McCulloch Strimmer Line

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 06:48:33 +0100, Paul Mc Cann wrote:

snip

I gave up on bump start mechanisms as they all appeared to weld the line
on the reel

Current Stihl has a simple pull and twist on the head which releases a
fixed amount of line. So far I have had no problems with the line
sticking together.

I have a McCulloch Cabrio and that also utilises a spring-loaded pull
and twist mechanism, no problems with that except that sometimes the
line breaks just inside the head so it's a quick couple of minutes to
lift the top off the mechanism and rethread the line.

Recommended length of line is 2.5m x 2

Yup, the McCulloch book says two 8ft lengths of twine. I've stuck with
2.4mm thickness, which is the recommended size, and it seems to work
fine.