Default Area rug pad fusing to floor?

I have an area rug, I used a grid like latex pad that is sold for
lining drawers, preventing rug slip, etc.

After a couple weeks of under the rug I pulled everything to check for
marking, though the pad did not stick to the floor, it felt tacky and
left a imprint of the grids on my pergo floor, which is visible upon
reflection or close visual inspection.

The pattern didn't go away with soap, vinegar, etc. Until I took the
pad itself and scrub the floor with it and seemed to clean up well.

Now I am looking for another solution, I think any kind of latex pad is
a bad idea for laminate floors. I imagine it would be similar on
hardwood floors with a urethane type top coat also?

Thanks