Jungle Jim

wrote in news:1123166361.803998.326940
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

I'm wondering what upgrade options people would commonly have
the builder installed for them, and what they'd do themselves
afterwards.

snip

Raymond

My wife and I are now building a custom home to downsize and as a
retirement home. In my current home, I have installed a home theater
system in the bonus room on the back of the house. Since the new home
will not have such a space, it will be put in the basement. I have
the skills to finish the basement, but will choose to have the builder
do the theater room and leave the rest unfinished. I want the theater
room right away, but the moving in process will take up all my spare
time. My time is worth more than the additional cost of the house.
The other consideration is that in our area (southwest Ohio) property
taxes are determined at the sale of the house or re-appraisal. If I
do the rest by myself, my taxes won't be increased until such time as
mentioned.