Ben Willcox

Those PIRs work outside? (Or as well as any PIR works outside -- I seem
to get no more than two years out of my floodlights, but then they do
get the full force of south-westerlies.) You couldn't give a brand
namme and/or model no.?

Well they are designed to, however I havn't got around to fitting any
yet! I can check the make/model when I get home, but they were in B&Q on
some kind of sale and I havn't seen them there since. (Other stores
might still have them). Ha, found them here in Maplin:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...=3141&doy=11m8

but the ones I have are in black. Plus Maplin are ripping people off at
that price.

I assume that if I look carefully (online -- unfortunately no store
nearby), I can get all this from Maplin?

The only relays that Maplin do with a 240VAC coil are big chunky things.
Something like Farnell order code 4307719 should do. Of course for your
application you ideally want a momentary output, which you won't get
with a normal relay so you would need to find some kind of buzzer/alarm
that just sounds once when it receives a trigger.

Cheers,
Ben