Default P-C #555 Biscuit Joiner Blade quest

Folks -

I've got an old Porter Cable model 555 biscuit joiner, and recently
went looking for new blades. What I've discovered is that PC made a
change in the tool, and the blades, when they introduced the 556 model.
The older blades have a raised "shoulder" on both sides, around the
arbor hole. The new blades do not, so they are slighly thinner at this
point, and you cannot tighten down the locknut onto them properly.
Porter Cable informed me that they have discontinued the older style
blades, and only had a few of one size of that type anywhere in their
service system.

So, my question is... has anyone else run up against this problem?
Does anyone have source for blades that will fit my older joiner? Or
is there another solution? At the moment, I'm thinking a couple of
thin round shims are the answer, but it's annoying that I have to do
that.

Anyone?

Tim