Mike Fields

"Ignoramus6689" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:17:22 -0500, Richard J Kinch

wrote:
Ignoramus6689 writes:

That will deliver more than 300 volts.

his motor is rated for 360 volts max, so I am not sure why you use
this number to make an objection.

I thought he said it was rated for 250 volts.

Looking back I see he said "it [sic] rated for 250-360 volts".

exactly.

So, who knows. The OP does not project competence for this kind of
tinkering.

If I got a 20 kW DC motor (shudder), I would not try to run it. It it
was a permanent magnet motor, I would try to spin it up and see if
there is DC voltage generated by the motor.

I would start by making sure that sucker was very securely anchored
to something fairly bit -- you set something like that on a "bench" or
anywhere else for that matter and apply power it will do 2 things:
1) take off in a hurry in some direction from the torque and
2) either rip your wires out or just twist them together for lots of
fireworks
(and 25 Hp is capable of taking a small "bench" with it when
it starts).

mikey