meirman

Default Paint or acrylic for a stove/sink backsplash?

Before I put in the new counter, I want a white backsplash for behind
my sink and stove and next to the stove.

Paint or acrylic sheeting??

If paint, semi-gloss, gloss??
latex, oil-based, enamel??

If acrylic, one 4x8' sheet would be enough to do everything.

I found a scrap of great material, but apparently it is from a bathtub
surround. It seems a waste of everyone's time for me to buy a
surround, cut out the flat partss, and have no use for the rest.

Do they sell 4x8 acrylic sheets anywhere?? It's not at the big box
stores.

I can buy a bathtub surround for as little as 49 dollars, and use 3 of
the 5 pieces, but it's very thin. Maybe 1/24th of an inch. The piece
of acrylic that I liked is 1/8th inch thick. Can I find that
anywhere??

Or should I glue the acrylic to 1/8 inch plywood, where the edges
won't show, and glue it to the wall where the edge would show??

Thanks a lot.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether