wws

xray wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:30:26 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

The bad news is that there was also damage in the quick change box. A
couple of gears there had been repaired with brazed-in teeth and one of
those teeth bent. I plan on replacing them (the gears, not the teeth).

I didn't save the original message, but as I recall you had locked the
spindle. I assume its like my taiwan lathe and that means engaging the
reduction gears and having the pin engaged that locks the pullies to the
spindle gear.

I'm curious how there was a problem in the quick change box? That seems
removed from where I would have expected forces applied. Did I miss
something?

The carriage was locked for a facing operation.
Then the feed was engaged for turning, I think.