Owain

Default Carol Vorderman - Better Homes

"Woodspoiler" wrote
| A lot of this psuedo-educational crap is primarily entertainment
| dressed up in a way that people find interesting (home-making and
| DIY) and viewers can easily convince themselves that the time
| they are burning on it is in fact self-improvement like reading
| an educational book.
| It isn't. You may pick up the odd useful point but that isn't the
| main idea and as a means of picking up valuable info it's
| massively inefficient (in terms of gain per hours viewing).

I can remember when gardening programmes would put plant names (in Latin,
that would be too elitist now) up on screen and talk about the right soil
type and sunlight etc.

Now it's all decking and water feechurs and the 4' high nursery-grown shrubs
delivered on trolleys are just there to fill the blank bits left over at the
end.

You learn absolutely nothing about gardening.

Owain