Pop

I found staples for round wires that large at Agway, a
farm parts store. Perhaps same in your area.
I moved such a cable in my basement; a feed to
another panel - and the inspector just glanced and
nodded as he walked along it, tracing it. He also had
no comments on the nails inthe first ten feet, which I
didn't have to move, but he inspected the bends quite
carefully.
I wouldn't use flat staples for a round wire - too
many pressure point damage possibilties.
Someone mentioned PVC hangars; I thought that was
good, too, actually, if they really can be made to fit.
I've used them for just about everything else g.

HTH,

Pop

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in
message ...
The cable (round with a black covering) that feeds
our electric range has no markings that I can make
out, but the breaker is a dual 40A, so I guess the
cable must be 8-3 (or bigger) + ground.

What is the approved means of securing this where it
runs across the joists? At present it has nails
hammered in on each side and bent toward each other
forming a "two-part staple"! I am sure that this
cannot be kosher, but I can't find anything that is
marked as being for cables this large.

What should I be looking for?

Perce