zxcvbob

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

On 08/09/05 04:33 pm CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert tossed the following
ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

The cable (round with a black covering) that feeds our electric
range has no markings that I can make out, but the breaker is a dual
40A, so I guess the cable must be 8-3 (or bigger) + ground.

What is the approved means of securing this where it runs across the
joists? At present it has nails hammered in on each side and bent
toward each other forming a "two-part staple"! I am sure that this
cannot be kosher, but I can't find anything that is marked as being
for cables this large.

It's not kosher, but not that unusual I suppose.

Staples for wire this large are available, but you may have
to go to a real electrical supplier for them.

should be able to get the hammer in type of staples I would think.
where its a plastic bar with a nail on each end.

I thought those were only for flat cable, not for the round cable we
have. The plastic staples I've seen aren't deep enough for our cable.

Perce

Look for the appropriate sized service entrance cable (SER) staples.

Bob