Percival P. Cassidy

On 08/09/05 04:33 pm CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert tossed the following
ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

The cable (round with a black covering) that feeds our electric range
has no markings that I can make out, but the breaker is a dual 40A,
so I guess the cable must be 8-3 (or bigger) + ground.

What is the approved means of securing this where it runs across the
joists? At present it has nails hammered in on each side and bent
toward each other forming a "two-part staple"! I am sure that this
cannot be kosher, but I can't find anything that is marked as being
for cables this large.

It's not kosher, but not that unusual I suppose.

Staples for wire this large are available, but you may have
to go to a real electrical supplier for them.

should be able to get the hammer in type of staples I would think. where
its a plastic bar with a nail on each end.

I thought those were only for flat cable, not for the round cable we
have. The plastic staples I've seen aren't deep enough for our cable.

Perce