Barry N. Turner

I'm betting you don't smoke...............:-) Am I right?

Barry

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message
Hi Reed

Dispatched ? the bowl or the bug ??

If you had a nice antique wooden whatever, you would not throw it out
would you ?
They fumigate, and you can do that too, it is very easy to do, I will
use paint thinner or gasoline in a open glass bowl in a tent (plastic
bag or even paper bag) with the bowl and let it sit for a day or two,
it'll kill them dead every time, I have even used diesel fuel and poured
it right in with bigger wood, had some boring bees in some long 4X6es
and no bag big enough for them, works like a charm, and after the fumes
or fuel is evaporated all is fine.
Just something to think about for next time.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

robo hippy wrote:
I was at a show on July 4th weekend, and a woman called my attention to
one of my bowls on the shelves. She said "I saw the sawdust and didn't
think it should be there. I noticed a bug eating your bowl". Sure
enough, I think it was a powder post beetle ( something about the size
of a piece of pencil lead) was boring a hole into one of my big leaf
maple bowls. It was in the middle of a stack of bowls. It wasn't in the
bowl to start (or any of my other bowls) and must have droppen in from
the surrounding trees. It was dispatched of promptly. Most unusual.
robo hippy.