Harry Bloomfield

It happens that formulated :
The bathroom brochures these days have a lot of back-to-wall toilets.
In the brochures these look great, but I was wondering how difficult it
is to build the false wall required for these? Taking a random example:

http://www.bathstore.com/large_image.asp?code=16500

What should the dark green coloured false wall in the picture be made
of? Plasterboard? Chipboard? Something else? Presumably it is mounted
on some sort of wooden frame?

Obviously it would need to be a good strong wooden frame, to with stand
the weight of the toilet plus user without deflecting.

Is access to the cistern by removing the
horizontal panel at the bottom of the white-coloured niche? Do plumbers
typically build these false walls while installing the toilet or would
it be better to get a different trade to construct the wall? I'm not
bothered about having a wall-hung toilet, floor-standing is equally
fine.

It would need to be built by a joiner, or you could DIY it. It would
need some quick access of some type to service the cistern and perhaps
the soil pipe, either a removable shelf (as in the photo), a panel
above the toilet or perhaps even better access from the far side of the
wall etc.. In commercial installations, they often have several toilets
back to backing onto a walkway between them, to allow them to be
serviced.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)