Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Default Cavity Wall Insulation #2

With the fear of starting up a battle of the nobbers... ahem.
I would like to know out of all those that have had their cavities
filled... cough how many wish they hadn't.

My cavity is still virginal on 1970's detatched, and I can't quite make
my mind up as to whether to have it abused or to leave it doing the job
it was intended for i.e. damp barrier.

My main doubt is our house is on the top of a hill facing the prevailing
SWesterly winds which absoulutely smash with extreme force into the
front and side of the house (open view to the sea)

On an interweb search one can find a chap called "Jeff"
http://www.ask-jeff.co.uk/building-c...insulation.htm
who hates the idea. but he is one view in a thousand, so I am looking
for a broader spectrum of opinions.

I already know DrEvil says "DON'T DO IT" but my folks had it done about
30 years ago with foam and it has been of great benefit to them.

TIA
Pete
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)