hylourgos wrote:

--snip--

first thing I did was read to see what I could thin it with. Nothing on
the tube, but it did mention mineral spirits as a cleanup agent, so I
thinned it with that, and it seemed to work. You don't need much, and
you have to spend a minute to get it mixed.

I'd be afraid to thin it. I usually go by smell, and it didn't smell
like anything I've ever smelled before. I've been burned by the like
smell test too, though:

I hold sandpaper on blocks with *rubber* cement so I can replace it
easily, and my bottle was getting a little gummy and had some
*contact* cement thinner handy... if you take a whiff of the two, they
both smell like they'd make you high in a few seconds (qualitatively,
they seemed similar enough) but they definitely don't mix... it turned
the rubber cement into something new --- "chunky" rubber cement, for
which I have yet to find a practical use.

Also, there's that spray foam stuff (i.e. "great stuff")... It's
polyurethane too. It says to clean it up with acetone, as I recall.
So, it's either two diferent solvent bases, or those were just the
best alternatives their product testers could come up with that you
can actually buy at the borg, implying that it's probably not the
ideal thing to thin it with.