Gunner

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:11:46 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote

Steve..I suspect you have either bad data, or its something unique to
your state. Most states do not require you to retreat, no require you
to be physically harmed.

And yes..I am licensed to carry...24 or so years and a ex cop.

Gunner, who lives in a county that has a virtual Shall Issue policy
and the largest number of CCW holders per capita in the entire state,
and the smallest number of cops per capita.

Then if really surprises me that you do not agree that you must take every
action you can before shooting. That was drilled into us, and with each
successive class I have been to, they have stressed it more.

The feeling is, "you might be right, but it is gonna cost you" because of
the lawyers who will represent the attacker and portray them in a good
light.

This does not apply to cut and dried situations where there is little doubt,
and very much probable cause. But the gray areas. And some of the other
posters make the impression that you just pull out your gun and blaze away.

That is all I am trying to convey.

Steve

Define "you must take every action you can before shooting"

If the threat passes the reasonable man test..the actions taken pretty
much are :

1. find cover if possible
2. 2 to the chest, evaluate, 1 to the head.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long