Ulysses

"Dr Doom" wrote in message

problem: lawn mower under warranty, throttle cable
retaining pin to handle snaps.

simple swap out of cable assembly 5 minute job.

sears response: you have to bring in the ENTIRE mower,
and we'll ship it out so they can swap
out the cable.

my response: listen to me, i'm trying to save you time &
money, just order the cable !

sears: sorry, can't do that, it would void the warranty.

so we escalate it to the "lead" , who says it's their "policy"
to send out all warranty repairs.

now this is a "parts & repair" store mind you (the one in
Lakewood, NJ - in case anyone wants to know).

the moron brigade is well represented at that store !

i'll just steel epoxy the cable myself and save the 3 weeks
it would take to ship out the mower, wait for mower, pick up
mower (all because of a simple cable that can be changed in 5
minutes), but since they can't think out of the box, i'll do
the job myself.

common sense among "customer service" nowadays is dead - but
i'm sure you all know that.

If Sears was the only place to buy anything I wouldn't buy anything.