Ed Sirett

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:29:32 +0100, Matt wrote:

Mr Fizzion wrote:

P.S. If someone would like to email me BS5440 "illegally" - I'd be
interested :-)

All the electronic BS documents are clearly watermarked at time of
download with the original date and identity of the downloader. This
watermarking cannot easily be removed. If copies started floating
around then the BSI would be after another pound (or 200) of flesh.

sarcasm
Of course it is a well known fact that every CORGI registered fitter
has a copy of all relevant British Standards on file, has read them
cover to cover and fully understands them.
/sarcasm

Surely. The copies at gas training schools and assessment centres are
virtually chained to the desk.

There is a great deal of stuff in there which is outside the ordinary and
every day scope of domestic gas fitting. Much of the really important
stuff has been transcribed into various gas fitting books which are
available for a modest cost.

I agree that making the BSI documents unaffordable is very counter
productive when things like the electric and building regs are available
at reasonable cost of for free.