Mary Fisher

"John Laird" wrote in message
On 10 Aug 2005 10:43:05 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

(golf)
A walk in the country, spoiled. Or a walk in
the spoiled country, either will do.

Ah, those hoary old chestnuts, trotted out with regularity by those who
almost inevitably found the level of skill required to play, far far
beyond
them ;-))

[It's terribly wasteful of land, I'll admit. But looking at what farmers
get up to as so-called custodians, I won't feel too guilty.]

I think it's a good use of land. Our Glorious Leader's Sidekick would have
thousands of rabbit hutches built on them at a stroke, given the chance.
It's green, it's well maintained, it's good for wildlife, it's not
objectionable to look at. The clubs afford pleasure to some and employment
to many both directly and indirectly.

For example, 'wits' who devise shallow epithets and those who repeatedly
roll them out, monotonously.

Mary