lynd wrote:
Anyone had problems when they tried to change telephone services ?

Or am I the only one?

I had a problem with TalkTalk. I was already signed up for landline
calls but they didn't automatically change my telephone calling plan
when I signed up for a broadband deal bundled with free evening and
weekend calls. One call (answered almost straight away) to customer
service and it was fixed in the most efficient and friendly manner
possible. I have now changed to them for line rental too. Saves all of
=A36/yr but it's convenient to have a single bill and direct debit to
deal with.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

MBQ