nospambob

That kitchen job was a LONG time ago but the memory lingers on. We
have neighbors son as our dedicated painter now and he's due today to
discuss schedule for some exterior and some interior work. Not at all
familiar with developments on rollers, thankfully.

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:41:17 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"nospambob" wrote in message
.. .
I was rolling oil in a kitchen and rolled a pocket door, didn't like
the texture so tipped it off with 4" bristle brush and got a finish
like sprayed! Convinced me.

My buddy and I have probably painted 10 homes in the last few years. Until
we found the "CLOSED" cell foam rollers the paint brush was the only way to
go with oil based. Pad brushes tended to put down way too much oil paint
but work great on latex paints.

Seriously the small 4 or 5" long White closed cell rollers give a sprayed
look. The open cell foam rollers suck with oil paints. The closed cell
rollers have a very smooth texture/surface by comparison.