mac davis

On 9 Aug 2005 10:01:21 -0700, "robo hippy" wrote:

I was at a show on July 4th weekend, and a woman called my attention to
one of my bowls on the shelves. She said "I saw the sawdust and didn't
think it should be there. I noticed a bug eating your bowl". Sure
enough, I think it was a powder post beetle ( something about the size
of a piece of pencil lead) was boring a hole into one of my big leaf
maple bowls. It was in the middle of a stack of bowls. It wasn't in the
bowl to start (or any of my other bowls) and must have droppen in from
the surrounding trees. It was dispatched of promptly. Most unusual.
robo hippy.

not just unusual, kind of frightening...
I know that all your bowls sold, Reed.. but if they didn't, and you brought a
few of those critters home to your shop...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing