SteveF

Default Elec Motor spinning

From time to time it would be handy to have a small metal cutting bandsaw.
I was noticing that my wood bandsaw has the drive pulley exposed underneath
which conveniently is two speed so has an unused space for another belt. It
would be possible to rig up another motor with gearing to get the blade
speed into the proper range. So the question is - can I just rig up two
motors and apply power to the one for the speed needed or is free spinning
the other motor bad for it somehow? And I do realize that hot metal chips
in sawdust can be a bad thing and recognize the need to clean it out
thoroughly before switching over.

Thanks.
Steve.