PrecisionMachinisT

"Ignoramus6689" wrote in message
.. .
For $12.00, I bought a 5 HP, SINGLE PHASE Baldor compressor motor that
has a problem. When I spin it up by hand, it turns, but a little
roughly and then spins by itself, but not for very long. It stops too
soon. It is not, by any means, seized, but there is too much friction
compared to what it should be. I did not run it under power yet

It is ball bearing based, which I concluded after seeing grease
fittings on it.

My hope is that it should be an easy fix. Either the grease caked, or
perhaps the bearings need replacement. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Baldor usually lists the bearing # on the motor dataplate.....

Suggest should install sealed bearings instead, theses will have the same ##
but with additional "ZZ" suffix....

Upon reassembly, be sure and plug the old grease holes.

--

SVL