David Billington

Try contacting the vendor first about a replacement gear. I was
surprised about how cheap a replacement worm and wheel were for a 4 x 6
bandsaw from the supplier. I had the saw for about 5 - 6 years and the
parts were readily available and cheap even with the postage and in
stock, delivered in about 2-3 days. This was machinemart in the UK but I
was impressed, it'll cost you a phone call to find out.

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Back in July I posted about having a shear element in a feed gear
train to protect the gears. Of course, I never did anything about it
and I just broke a gear!! My *new* to me Jet 1024. I locked the
carriage to do facing and then forget it was locked as I went to do
turning. Damn! And the gear is inside the apron, of course.

The lathe has an interlock to prevent engaging the threading feed
screw and the turning shaft at the same time. An interlock on the
carriage lock is what I needed.

'Guess it's time to get some skill repairing gear teeth. Sigh.

Bob