Mike Patterson

If you have plenty of warning before you'll need the paint, you can do
what I did.

I built a small 5-sided box that holds 4 cans side by side with a
small bar across the front to hold them in.

Ran a bolt through the back of the box sticking out about 2 inches.

Took an old barbeque rotissierie motor (6 rpm) and mounted it to the
wall.

Inserted bolt into chuck of rotisserie motor, load paint cans and turn
on. Come back in 30 minutes. (I just left it running while I prepped
the project I was working on.

I also ended up gluing small chunks of wood in between where the cans
go to hold them in place better and so I could load less than a full
load of 4 cans.

Works pretty well for free.

HTH
Mike

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:16:14 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

I've been trying to figure out some sort of machine to shake rattle
can spray paint. I've been able to figure out a few that would probably
work, but a bit more Rube Goldeberg than I would like.

However, even better, I think. A sabre saw, or Sawzall, to provide
the motion. Probably have to make a frame of some sort, attached to an
old blade, to hold a can in, possibly just with rubber bands - don't
want to make it too complicated.

Haven't tried this yet, but plan to. Possibly using a timer, so
can just set it to 2-3 minutes, and leave it. I can't think of any
reason something like this wouldn't work. Would sure beat shaking the
cans by hand.

Anyone here ever tried any thing like this? If so, how did it work
out? Good, bad, indifferent? People with tired arms want to know.

JOAT
Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never
had thier boat sink.
- Unknown

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin