Prometheus

On 09 Aug 2005 16:15:12 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

"Upscale" wrote in
:

Thinking about it, I'd also guess that any type of standard bolt and
nut combination would cause the head to the bolt to gouge whatever
type of floor that the bench is sitting on, especially so with a
really heavy bench. Guess there's nothing to match a really level
floor.

What I've considered doing is putting the felt "feet" on the bolt head
(just a little smaller than the head) to keep it from messing up the
surfaces. I haven't tried it yet, but it'll be a lot better than bolt
vs. floor surface.

If you aren't going to be moving the bench a lot (who does?) you could
put the levelers on the TOP of the leg rather than the bottom and that
would solve the floor problem.

You could also round the edges of the bolt on a belt sander or
grinder. Unless you've got a really spiffy floor on your shop, it
probably doesn't need all that much babying.