PC Paul

Larry Jaques wrote:
On 9 Aug 2005 08:20:34 -0700, the opaque "ddt_toronto"
clearly wrote:

power saw on the market that is not noisy. I thought to put the power
saw in the bathroom, but noise is too strong even then. Any idea
which low noise saw can be used for laminate besides hand saw?

Try a Japanese style saw. They're quieter than any power saw and
quieter than Western saws. They cut about 3 t imes quicker with
one third the effort of a Western saw, too. $26 gets a good one
for you from www.JapanWoodworker.com . 1-800-537-7820 Asl for the
hardwood razor saw. You saw the ad in Fine Woodworking for $25.95
post paid!

Ditto on that. They are excellent - a bit more fragile than 'Western' saws
but a lovely fast smooth cut.

Apart from that I was going to suggest a scrollsaw - quiet, but not
necessarily fast or straight lines...