nospambob

Suffolk Machinery low tension 3/4" blades work O.K. on the 14"
Rockwell in the garage.

On 9 Aug 2005 07:37:40 -0700, "Andy" wrote:

I can't provide any first-hand user experience with any of the saws you
mentioned, but I'll throw in my 2 cents worth anyway. Mark Duginske
states in his 'Bandsaw Handbook' that a 14" bandsaw should not be used
with anything greater than a 1/2" blade, as the wheels would put too
much strain on a thicker blade. I've read about and seen people using
3/4" (or larger?) blades on 14" saws, but it might be something to
consider. Overall, I guess my advice is to check out his book, if you
haven't already - very informative for a current bandsaw owner or
prospective buyer.