Bob

Default Want to build a new house in my back garden

Andy Hall wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:22:22 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

The energy levels should be re-assessed. There are appliances that
are "way" above the minimum A grade. Only "A" should be sold
anyway. Why sell energy sucking appliances? Ridiculous! We don't
want a Californian energy problems of a few years back, which was
created mainly by the energy sucking domestic appliances.

There's nothing wrong with grade A appliances as long as they works as
well as others, and generally they do.

The energy problems in California were created by an incompetent
governor who signed up for ridiculous energy contracts which weren't
necessary without understanding the consequences of his actions.
Quite rightly, he got the sack.

The contracts caused problems with prices (from the way that the electricity
market was structured) and caused a problem with prices (although California
electricity prices were already 3 times what they are here, even before the
changes).

The problem of supply in California is caused by the failure to approve the
building of new power stations to meet rising demand from computers and air
conditioners. We have the eco-nuts to thank for that.

Bob