andrewpreece

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
How did you manage to get a quote so low off them - is it a special
offer?

dg

I believe these are subsidised. If the OP has a detached house that is
heated
by solid fuel or electricity, then £75 is the going rate.

For me, with a semi that is heated by gas, I would have to fork out £125. I
suppose
the reasoning is that I am more energy efficient already, using gas so the
Gubmint
is not willing to subsidise as much as the detached house/electric heating
combination.

A detached home heated by gas, oil or LPG will cost £175.

A non-detached home heated by solid fuel or electricity costs only £50 for
cavity
wall insulation.

www.heatproject.co.uk

Andy.