AlexW

Steve wrote:
I have started a single storey extension on my hoome in the Bristol
area. I am trying to find a brick layer to do the brick and block work
for me (It would take me a very long time).The outer skin is brick the
inner light weight block. Total areas: 55 sq m of block 40 sq m of
brick (less two 1.2m square windows and 1.8m french doors). I am
supplying all materials. The only quote I have had is for £4200 (this
seems very high to me). Can anyone advise on a figure to budget for
this work - labour only.

How many days work was estimated in the quote?

I try to get this sort of info out of them casually and then work out
the rough day rate I would think the job commanded and use this as a
cross check. Allow for some lost rained off days (they will).

In this case probably for the bicky and a labourer, whats that £250 a
day (probably where I live) ... is it over 16 days work?

Just a thought...

Alex.