fred

In article , Colin Brook
writes
Hello,
I can see from some general searches on Google that there are
regulations about this but find the overall package of 'guidance' quite
confusing.

Is it possible that someone with experience of the
regulations/guidelines could indicate what requirements exist for the
outlet of a gas condensing boiler which is about a metre above ground.
In particular, I'm interested in how far it should be from the property
boundary and if this is a regulation or a guideline. If the latter are
there exceptions?

Look forward to your help,
Regards, Colin

Courtesy of our resident gas fitter Ed Sirett's site:
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFitting.html

BS 5440 Part 1.

600 mm from any surface, structure, fence or boundary facing the terminal
but note also:
1200 mm from another terminal facing directly opposite

--
fred