Lobster

andrewpreece wrote:
"Dark Angel" wrote in message

"Lobster" wrote in message ...

So how should I get the cables across the cavity and into the extension?
There is no way through other than through the cavity. Should I pass it
through a conduit of some sort to protect it within the cavity? Any
thoughts (including what the regs say on this) much appreciated.

There was a thread not so long ago that implied that cables run through
cavities did not need to be within 6" of the sides or ceiling, as with
buried
cable. Also, with buried cables, they need to be 50mm deep in a wall if
unprotected, I'm not sure how this relates to cavity walls, if you can keep
the unprotected cables =50mm from the surface this might be OK???

Hmm, not sure. Just to clarify, what I'm suggesting has the cables
passing through the cavity perpendicularly; ie, through one leaf, across
the gap at 90 degrees, then through the second leaf.

David