Dark Angel

"Lobster" wrote in message ...
So how should I get the cables across the cavity and into the extension?
There is no way through other than through the cavity. Should I pass it
through a conduit of some sort to protect it within the cavity? Any
thoughts (including what the regs say on this) much appreciated.

IIRC when passing cables through a cavity, you should always pass them
through a conduit of some sort to protect them in the event something should
drop down the cavity and damage them.

Incidentally, I'm sure you're aware that if you're extending your ring main,
or putting in a complete new circuit you have to get it checked by your
local council's building control office now?

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)