Ed Sirett

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:05:25 +0100, Jo King wrote:

Just some questions about a combi boiler. What is the difference between a
condensing combi boiler and just a plain combi boiler .

See Main FAQ.

I have an old back
boiler behind the fire place that runs the C.H. and heats the hot water
cylinder, would a combi do away with the cylinder,

Yes it could.
However to combi or not too combi is perhaps the single most
contentious question on this group. All I'll say is that combis are about
60% of the boiler market in the UK, give or take. I think the ideal
percentage would be less than that and more than zero.

do I have to take the
back boiler out completly or can it still sit behind the fire place, would
the flue liner have to come out of the chimney. Thank you for any help.

If the gas fire is to be left then the boiler must be complete drained and
the burner removed. The unit will have to stay as it's an integral
part with the fire and forms the flue for the fire.

If the fire is going then everything can go and you will be left with a
gaping hole in your living room.