Andy Hall

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:40:29 +0000 (UTC), "lynd"
wrote:

"Pilbs" wrote in message

"lynd" wrote in message
Anyone had problems when they tried to change telephone services ?

Or am I the only one?

Who you going from/to

Went from BT to One Tel.

Was promised that line rental would be transferred and I would keep all my
existing conditions ( 1471, 1571, ex directory and number with hold
facilities) .

Have ended up with none of those ( 1571 and number withhold and ex
directory are very important because of my job). When I have tried to get
them connected I get a call centre in India(?) who tell me that they will
call back and explain when the connection will be made. Its hard to explain
more than one problem at a time as we do not seem to speak the same English
language!

Conversation goes
" I was told I would have 1571 / number with hold / ex directory. This is
not the case." ( because if I say anymore I am not understood and the call
girl / man in India gets confused)

Call centre agrees this was promised and I have not had the connections
made.
The I am told someone will call me within the next 48 hours and tell me how
long before they rectify the problem.

No one calls back.

I have rung them three times now and been told to expect a call from
technical services in the next 48 hours. No calls.

Getting fed up. Just wondered if I was having a bad experience or if this
was common

So why are you surprised? Presumably you changed to this provider to
save money on calls?

This is achieved by cutting cost on the part of the supplier and a
significant aspect of that is the level and amount of customer facing
service.

The outcome is not really surprising.

--

..andy