North

Lawrence Glickman wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:53:29 -0400, "North"
wrote:

When I need to fdisk, I simply boot from my dos 5 floopy set.
fdisk is an old dos command that erases the HD. Fdisk should aways be

done
before formatting. I's the sure fire way to clean the HD.

n.

I've put Acronis True Image back to work. They have a bootable CD,
that allows you to take-out the original partition(s) ( same as FDISK
) before restoring the Image.

No virus is going to infect the read-only CD, which is nice. I didn't
realize that Acronis had this feature until I looked at the fine print
on the CD. Live and learn. It works just fine.

Acronis -also- lets you boot from a dos 5 floppy set, but I can boot
from my CD drive, and prefer to do it that way. There just isn't any
way a CD ROM is going to get infected, that I can think of.

So it looks like there are a lot of ways to get back to normal on your
computer, the limiting factor being when was the last time you backed
it up.

Lg

My system(s) except my new sony laptop and my HP desktop, will not boot from
the CD, IOWs they need a driver for the CD drives that is installed after
the OS is installed, thats why I have to do a floppy drive boot when I'm
reinstalling my OS after an attack.

n.