dadiOH

Ryan wrote:
Hi,

I am NOT good at home repair or plumbing, so please excuse me if I
explain this like a 2-year old.

A few years ago, we remodeled our master bathroom and switched the
fixtures in the sink and shower to brass. Anyway maybe, in hindsight,
we may not have picked the best set for the shower as we didn't know
what we were doing.

That said, I take it the set the plumber used for the shower was
simply brass coated as while the faucet and shower head are still
fine, the brass (or cheap brass coating) on the tub drain itself
seems to have worn away. So, we have brass in the tub except for the
drain at the bottom of the tub where we have this ugly browish metal
drain with no "brass" coloring left to it. It doesn't seem to be
tarnish, it seems the set was cheap and the "brass" color is washed
away from that piece after a few years of water running through it
day after day.

If it's "browish" (sic) it is brass that has tarnished. What "washed
away" was the protective coating (lacquer, probably) that kept the brass
from tarnishing.

Get some brass polish and use it on the tarnish...it will be pretty
yellow again. For a while.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...