tony sayer

Default RF Cylinder Thermostat

In article , Richard hawkinsfamily3
@DIGITbtinternet.com writes

"Gaz" wrote in message
Can anyone help me find a RF Cylinder Thermostat.

I have found a danfoss model (CET B-RF) but I cant find a retailer who

sells
them?

Does anyone else make a rf cylinder stat (to avoid the wiring) - or anyone
know of an online retailer for the item?

thanks

A bit OT but I wish such a gadget had been available when I had Cylinder
stat problems a while back. Having unplugged the stat at the boiler end I
removed it from the cylinder and then managed to drop it. Leaning into the
airing cupboard with a steadying hand on one of the copper supply pipes I
picked up the stat with the other hand. The pain of the shock was intense as
was the surprise. It seemed to take an awful long time to overcome the
muscle contractions to release my grip!
Lessons learned 1. Never rely on someone's labelling 2 .Always switch off
the mains supply when working on mains equipment in situ.

Richard.

And make sure that ALL the mains in the house is RCD protected!...
--
Tony Sayer