Mary Fisher

"Kalico" wrote in message
I know this is slightly off-topic since not technically a DIY job, but
could I ask what thoughts people have on Cavity Wall Insulation.

I recall years ago that it sometimes had a bad name since it stopped
the airflow in the cavity and so could cause damp problems. At least
I think that is what was said negatively about it.

I have a 1900-ish mid-terraced house with the outer leaf stone and the
inner wall brick. It's nice and cool in summer but can get damn
freezing in winter.

My local supplier Powergen is offering CWI for £75 installed. Seems a
good price to me.

To me too. Although it depends on the area of wall to be filled I suppose.

We had it done years ago and have been impressed. The whole house is
certainly more comfortable- but you'll still need heating in winter and
shade in summer.

Mary