John Laird

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:02:29 +0100, John Schmitt wrote:

raden wrote:

You could always give them a golf ball to unravel, that would last a few
minutes more

Beware! The bladder at the core contains fluid at high pressure and
puncturing this can result in injury. Not being a spoilsport, but I
remember a rained-off Wednesday (sports day) afternoon when my class,
out of boredom, proceeded to dismantle a golf ball. Someone stuck a
compass into the core and the goo inside easily made the ceiling.
Shooting yourself in the eyes with that will at best be very unpleasant.

You'll be doing well to find a "wound" golf ball these days, and even then
there's little guarantee it would have an old-fashioned liquid centre. All
are solid construction, one way or another.

The goo was only under pressure due to the rubber wound around it. If you
removed all of that, only a fairly floppy sack remained.

[Sign of mis-spent youth. I'll get me coat.]

--
I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel