mac davis

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:16:14 -0400, (J T) wrote:

I've been trying to figure out some sort of machine to shake rattle
can spray paint. I've been able to figure out a few that would probably
work, but a bit more Rube Goldeberg than I would like.

However, even better, I think. A sabre saw, or Sawzall, to provide
the motion. Probably have to make a frame of some sort, attached to an
old blade, to hold a can in, possibly just with rubber bands - don't
want to make it too complicated.

Haven't tried this yet, but plan to. Possibly using a timer, so
can just set it to 2-3 minutes, and leave it. I can't think of any
reason something like this wouldn't work. Would sure beat shaking the
cans by hand.

Anyone here ever tried any thing like this? If so, how did it work
out? Good, bad, indifferent? People with tired arms want to know.

JOAT
Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never
had thier boat sink.
- Unknown

I have this sort of metal picture (not usually a good thing, for me) of a long
stroke reciprocating saw with a metal plate with one end ground down to blade
fastening size, with one of those adjustable pool or fishing pole clamps bolted
to it... hmm...
Might be overkill, though... easier to do a Huck Finn with the neighborhood
kids.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing