Charlie Self wrote:
For about the fifth time, Google Groups has dumped my membership in two
photo newsgroups. It has dumped it from rec.woodworking a time or two
also.

One has to wonder what kind of criteria they use for dumping. All
worked well until just now. Then, two groups gone and all I can locate
is a new message of no interest whatsoever.

About two more weeks and I'm out of this horse****, using at least some
kind of real life ISP and NG entry.

Could you explain?

I've been using Google to accesss UseNet ever since they picked
up DejaNews' archives. I've never subscribed to anything. SInce you
can read and post without subscribing, what does 'subscribing' to
a newsgroup do for you?

What is 'membership' in a newsgroup? What got dumped?

--

FF